According to the calendar, winter ends and spring arrives. If there is a bird that warns of this change, it is the common blackbird (Turdus merula). This specie is one of the first that breeds and the one that usually first arrives to Brinzal.
This year could not be otherwise, and last March 12 it knocked the door of our recovery center the first one of the year. Well … to tell the truth, it did not knock by himself but a neighbor from Madrid who found it in the city center.
It is not going to be the only one, in the next months there will be dozens of blackbird chicks, followed by tawny owls, long-eared owls … and among them surely sparrows, and lots of mallards as every year. All of them will arrive before the first chick of swift, which indicates the arrival of summer.
Like every year, we will give the best of ourselves to grow them healthy, strong and prepared to return to nature.
- 17 May 2021Voluntariado ambiental en la “Make a difference week”
- 30 Mar 2021Una larga espera con final feliz
- 10 Mar 2021Fundación Banco Santander nueva aliada de ‘Misión Polinizadores’
- 03 Mar 2021Fototrampeo.es se solidariza con Brinzal
- 11 Feb 2021GRACIAS DE CORAZÓN