Today we have to communicate some sad news. A few weeks ago, forest fire burned several hectares of low mountain in the municipality of Santa Cruz de la Zarza, Toledo. The fire has devastated most of the area through which the “Route through the gypsiferous hills” runs, an ornithological itinerary designed and marked by Brinzal in collaboration with the City Council of Santa Cruz de la Zarza during last year, as one of the actions of Our AgroSOStainable project.
This lamentable fire, whose causes we are unaware of, has not only destroyed the scenic beauty of the route, but also destroyed countless flora (reed, esparto, broom, even pine) and destroyed the breeding ground of such emblematic species in the area as the Marsh harrier (Circus aeruginosus).
- 20 Mar 2018Spring makes its way
- 02 Mar 2018owls and bats in water treatment plants of Canal de Isabel II
- 27 Feb 2018Brinzal will participate in the Doñana Birdfair 2018
- 22 Feb 2018Uniformed Brinzalers
- 30 Jan 2018You know where? Tell us!